The House of Beebs is a Minecraft non-PvP Survival server where the ultimate goal is not just to build cool things, but to take over and build out a town – make it our own! Spawn is set in a wooded town with easy access to the ocean, deserts, and more. Our first defensive walls are (mostly) up and the town is mostly safe within those walls. Teamwork will be the ultimate measure of success. We will need to mine, craft, and prepare, for the Illagers (also nearby) will be coming!
The Village Area Mapping Project has begun! Grab a map, run out to a “blank” spot, use the map, and then hang it on the wall. Help everyone know what’s nearby! The map wall (and blank maps) are located in the big lodge, downstairs. You can’t miss it!
We have recently established a small base in the Nether! Work has begun on a Nether Hub, even though we don’t have a ton of places to go to yet. Head North out of the hub, and you’ll be on your way to the portal that takes you to a mesa biome for that sweet, sweet terra cotta!
Join the Discord Server
Voice chat for the server, and a message channel, too. Request whitelisting to access the server.
The server is whitelisted. To get access, join the Discord channel and request it. Note that use of the Discord channel in-game is not required, but feel free to use the voice chat if you would like. View the server rules, below, and install the needed resource packs to play.
Violating the server rules can get you banned from the server.
- The server automatically restarts every day at 4am Eastern time. This “turns off” infinite-run Redstone devices, so if you’re building something like that, make sure you have a way to restart it.
- No griefing (players or bases).
- No looting/sacking of another player’s chests.
- Don’t mess with another person’s construction. If someone is building in an area, give them room to build.
- Go by the honor system.
- Shops in The Market will have exchange rates posted on signs in each shop. Please abide by the exchange rate(s) shown. (ie, “One Diamond per stack,” etc.)
- Feel free to build and stock your own shop in The Market. These buildings can be close together. Hopefully The Market can grow into a source of resources/income for players.
- Playfulness is encouraged and you CAN “get around” these rules a little bit if you and another player have an understanding between you.
Server Special Events:
Every now and then, the server will have a “special event” going on. These events can include (but are not limited to) the following:
- A switch to Creative Mode for unlimited building (could be for a half hour, could be for a day…).
- PvP turned on and a bounty placed on a player.
- “Themed” building events.
- Endless Illager raids!
- …and more!
Required Resource Packs
After re-rolling the server to be more “Vanilla” Minecraft (v 1.14.4), gone are the piles of mods you need to install manually. Instead, everything is a data pack that will be automatically added to your your installation.
One of those datapacks, Interactive Tables and Chairs, requires a resource pack. You can download it here. Just stick it in your Resource Packs folder (which you can get to through Minecraft) and activate them. You’re good to go!
NOTE: The server will prompt you to install the Interactive Tables and Chairs Resource Pack automatically, but may fail.
Download Interactive Tables and Chairs Resource Pack
Installed Data Packs
Here is a listing of all the data packs currently running on the House of Beebs server. This will install automatically into your Minecraft folder’s datapacks folder, and you shouldn’t need to do anything else. Some of these packs have new crafting recipes or other cool changes to the game, so here’s the list:
Grays out a player’s name if they haven’t moved in 5 minutes.
Anti Creeper Grief
Anti Enderman Grief
Adds coordinates and a 24 hour clock readout to your HUD.
Toggle HUD: /trigger ch_toggle
Customizable Armor Stands
Double Shulker Shells
Dragon Drops Elytra
More Mob Heads
Interactive Tables & Chairs
New tables! New chairs and thrones! AND YOU CAN SIT ON THEM. Crafting recipes can be found here.
Mob Health Bar
Protect yourself with turrets! These boys will shoot just about anything mean, just set one up and watch him go!
To make a turret, place an armor stand ontop of a redstone block and drop a dispenser into it. In addition to turrets there are also boosters, they are made the same way, but use an observer instead of a dispenser. Boosters increase the detection range and make the arrows go farther.